SAFETY NORMS FOR PARENTS HIRING VANS FOR SCHOOL TRANSPORT
All parents hiring vans to ferry their wards to and fro from school are to ensure the following safety guidelines :
Have the address with contact details of van driver. Mobile Number is mandatory.
- Check with van driver that the number of students in van is limited to the permitted capacity as per norms based on type of vehicle.
- The driver has a valid license issued by licensing authorities of NCT Delhi
- Driver has minimum 5 years of work experience.
- Ensure that the deployed driver has not been challaned for traffic rule violations, drunk driving, driving dangerously or for any offences under section 279, 338 or of IPC 1860 more than once in a year.
- The van fulfils the permit conditions.(speed governor,GPS,first aid kit)
- The Van Driver has furnished a police verification report.